When I walk away into the countryside or into the hills I become occupied with the present more than I normally would in the city world as my senses become attuned to the wilderness, my eyes gaze into the endless distance and depth of real nature whilst the wind and its impact on the land occupies most of what I hear…this is the here and now, the real reality for me.
When I look back at the city in the distant I become aware that I am detached from the structures of modern reality , ......buildings, workplaces, traffic and indeed time; these are all modern constructs that our senses constantly have to contend with, especially if we work and live in the city. These modern constructs are the objects of our anxieties. The city is excessive, hyperactive and man made,whilst nature is simply eternal, has always been there and always will be and holds secrets we will never know; knowing this as I look back down towards the city reminds me that we are not here for very long in the grand scale of things and I always find this enlightening.
Find a space where you can stare into the distance, breathe and realize that time means nothing, all you are is what you are and where you are is there and then. Break from the norm, get out, get away and give your mind some space, your not that far from nature are you.
No comments:
Post a Comment